Rex Moore Electrical Contractors & Engineers offers many exciting career opportunities in the electrical industry. We are always interested in qualified individuals who desire to work within a team based organization. Our current job openings are listed below.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in possible employment opportunities within our team, please do the following:
- Complete the employment application form including employment history, salary history, and educational background.
- Print out the form.
- Sign and date the Application at the bottom of page 4.
- Sign and date the Notice and Acknowledgement form, bottom of page 5.
- Send the completed Application form to our Human Resources Department, and include a resume and cover letter (optional).
Choose one of the following methods.
Scan and Email your signed Application to:apply@RexMoore.com
Fax your signed Application to: 916-231-7101
Mail your signed Application to:
Rex Moore Electrical Contractors & Engineers
Attention: HR Department
6001 Outfall Circle
Sacramento, CA 95828
Please set aside at least 30 minutes to complete the Employment Application form. You will need to have the following information with you: past employment information for the last 10 years, military information if applicable, driving information and three employment references.
Rex Moore is an equal opportunity employer. Drug Test Required.
Current Job Openings
Rex Moore Group, Inc. is looking for a Corporate Recruiter to join our dedicated team. This position would be located in the greater Sacramento area, but would recruit for positions located throughout North America. The Recruiter will be responsible for all components of the recruiting cycle including screening applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews, administering assessment instruments, conducting reference checks, running background checks, and evaluating applicant qualifications. The ideal candidate will have recruiting experience and be able to manage multiple projects or assignments at once. Additionally, the Recruiter must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform full-cycle recruiting
Create job descriptions and develop a sustainable internal job posting program
Identify effective online recruiting strategies to attract and recruit candidates
Develop ongoing relationships with educational institutions, employment agencies, placement firms and other resources
Manage applicant tracking system (ATS) and other recruiting software
Track recruiting metrics and other relevant data, including applicant flow, interviews and hires
Prepare and analyze statistical reports to ensure compliance with legal regulations and organizational goals and policies
Assist in the preparation of staffing budgets, projections, and employment policies, procedures and practices
Develop, implement, and manage programs for new employee orientation, employee relocation, on-campus recruitment and off-site recruitment (job fairs, trade shows and media)
Develop and manage temporary employee, internship and volunteer staffing programs
Conduct exit interviews
May require regular travel
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
3 – 5+ years of recruiting experience are required preferably in a technical, engineering and project management oriented environment.
Corporate recruiting experience is strongly preferred, with the ability to close out 5 – 10 positions per month
Excellent communication and interviewing skills
Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite and the ability to use the Internet, Job Boards, Social Media and other tools to conduct online research
Project management and time management skills are essential to this position
A very attractive salary, excellent health benefit plan including medical, dental and life insurance plans, a 401(k) retirement plan, paid holidays plus 16 PTO days per year make the total compensation package for this position top grade.
Electricians and Electrical Trainees
Commercial and Residential Certified Electricians and Registered Trainees needed for projects throughout the Bay Area. 1 or more years experience required and valid CA certification or ET registration. We're looking for motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic people who want to join a great team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1 or more years experience performing electrical work on new commercial and/or multi-family residential construction projects
- Able to install underground, slab on grade, slab above grade, rough wall and overhead, branch wire installation and make up, finish and trim devices and fixtures
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California
Medium/High Voltage Electrical Engineer
Develop standards, design and deliver medium and high voltage (5 - 250kv) distribution systems including substations, switchgear and all associated conductors and equipment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5 years minimum design of medium and high voltage distribution systems preferrably on renewable energy projects.
- BSEE and PE registration in CA. Ability to obtain registration in other states.
- Experience working for a design/build oriented electrical contractor a major plus
Location: Sacramento, California
Renewable Energy Project Field Engineer
The Renewable Energy Project Electrical Field Engineer (Field Engineer) is an on-site technical consultant for the electrical construction scope for utility scale solar photovoltaic (PV) generation projects. This position requires a strong technical background in electrical construction, relevant education and excellent customer relations, communication, and scheduling abilities. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 5 years in a construction supervision, foreman or management role and knowledge of renewable energy projects gained either through a trade education or engineering degree.
Detail AC & DC Electrical Scope of the Project:
- Review project scope & specifications and participate in Design Kickoff Meeting.
- Review engineered drawings and provide comments to Engineer of Record.
- Create detailed bills of material for AC & DC electrical installation kits.
- Participate in detailing for substation and power station kits for Manufacturing Department.
- Create detailed electrical assemblies for the Manufacturing Department.
- Participate in developing project construction schedule.
Schedule and Coordinate Mobilization Activities:
- Coordinate trailer, water trucks, excavation & compaction equipment
- Coordinate installation electrical contractor mobilization.
- Lead on-site Construction Kickoff Meeting with installation electrical contractor
Field (on-site) Responsibilities:
- Kickoff each electrical installation task type to ensure proper execution.
- Provide on-site technical support for installation electrical contractor.
- Provide advisement support for Job Hazard Analysis’ (JHA).
- Assist in receiving of electrical material installation kits.
- Monitor and record equipment & labor hours daily for on-site installation & excavation activities.
- Track electrical installation contractor material issues and additional material usage (over and above kits).
- Update 6 week Short Interval Schedule weekly (SIS).
- Maintain record log of issues encountered and lessons learned.
- Coordinate activities with General Contractor and other subcontractors on job site.
- Monitor and report deviations with project schedule.
- Provide quality control of installed product.
- Provide on-site training for electrical testing activities.
- Oversee and document testing and commissioning.
- Create and track field orders (unplanned/unkitted material).
- Provide training for new Field Engineers.
Change Request Reporting:
- Identify and report change requests to the project management team.
- Prepare takeoffs for change request material.
- Assist with change request material and labor estimates.
- Review change request scope with electrical installation contractor.
- Oversee on-site implementation of change requests.
- Ensure redlines of as-builts are maintained by installation contractor.
- Return final as-builts to project management team.
- QC test report forms.
- Collect O&M, factory testing and warranty information from product sent to site.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in utility scale solar photovoltaic generation facility construction, 2 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in, and ability to interface with customer, utility company, general contractor and installation contractor to coordinate the activities and responsibilities of each.
- Experienced managing the field operations of a design build project, preferably a solar photovoltaic project.
- Ability and desire to travel to project sites throughout the U.S.
- Completion of a 5 year electrical apprenticeship program or equivalent OR holds a BSEE degree with a power concentration from an accredited university AND has on site management experience on a utility scale solar PV project.
- Construction Scheduling and Resource Management
- Coordination of Utility Company requirements and installation results
- Electrical Design and Installation on Solar PV
- Field Crew Management
- Customer Service
- Strong MS Excel
Your value engineering and constructability analysis services were instrumental to getting the project off the ground.
- Rick McVey, Senior Estimator